This St. Patrick’s Day we are highlighting our many programs in Ireland. API offers Study, Intern, High School and Gap Year Programs abroad in Ireland! Ireland has always held a certain allure to student travelers. Its lush landscape and rolling green hills are an iconic feature of Ireland home to ancient castles, hearty food, and hundreds of myths and legends.
Known for its friendly locals and safe community, Ireland will make it an easy transition for you to live, study and intern abroad! Here are some reasons why YOU should consider studying or interning abroad with us in Ireland:
- Scholarship Opportunities!- You can win a chance to spend a semester in Ireland… tuition-free! In a partnership with Education in Ireland and Aer Lingus, Go Overseas is giving away 26 scholarships worth more than $290,000 in tuition! Two lucky students will also receive free round-trip airfare to Ireland, courtesy of Aer Lingus. The deadline is today, March 17th, so get those applications in quick! These scholarships can be used towards tuition on any API Ireland Program that you can learn more about here: http://blog.apiabroad.com/announcements/go-overseas-study-in-ireland-scholarship/
- Prestigious Universities –Home to some of the world’s most distinguished universities in the world, Ireland is famous for its top tier education. High school students interested in STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) may enroll in a 10-day API summer program hosted by Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin. As the oldest university in Ireland and recognized internationally as Ireland’s #1 university to attend, API high school students will get a taste for on-campus life at such a world renowned school. Students will work alongside Irish students and Trinity College faculty who are members of the Walton International program to design mathematical functions, experiment with Newton’s Laws, build micro-controlled projects, and more!
- API gap year students have the opportunity to study for a semester or academic year at the University College Cork or the University College Dublin, two other Irish universities that have been ranked relatively high at the international level.
- Study Abroad students are able to take courses at the University College Cork, The University of Limerick, The National University of Ireland Galway, Maynooth University, Trinity College Dublin or at University College Dublin depending on the city you choose!
- Natural Beauty- Some of the most captivating scenery can be experienced here. Ireland is appealing to travelers because of its vast landscape. Ireland’s mighty Cliffs of Moher, Aran Islands, Giant’s Causeway, and Ring of Kerry are some of the country’s most beautiful places to visit. Check out student Blogger Kristin Anderson’s tour of Ireland in photos in an earlier post here: http://blog.apiabroad.com/on-site/dublin-in-photos/
- Variety in city choices! API Study Abroad programs are offered in Galway, Limerick, Cork and Dublin. Interns and High School students have the chance to stay in Dublin! Each of these cities has its own unique charm, beauty, and opportunity. Dublin is one of the fastest growing European cities and is a great place to study abroad. It offers historic and picturesque architecture, a large international student population, and plenty of annual festivals and activities to keep you busy outside of class! Cork is the second biggest city in Ireland and located just a few miles away from the famous Blarney Castle and Blarney Stone. Limerick was founded by the Vikings in the 10th century, making it the oldest chartered city in Ireland and now boasts cultural opportunities abound in music, art, history and dining. Galway is a charming coastal right in the midst of the history and tradition of the countryside. You really can’t go wrong with your choice!
- . Endless Recreational Opportunities- Irelands beauty lends itself to wanting to spend time out and about. Check out this post of hiking adventures from API Limerick Alum, Bailey: http://blog.apiabroad.com/on-site/adventures-in-ireland/
Interested in going abroad with us to Ireland? API is accepting high school summer applications for the Walton International STEM Experience at Trinity College Dublin until April 1st. If you are a high school student just about to graduate and are looking to take a gap year prior to attending college in the U.S., our Dublin gap year program application deadline for the Fall is May 15th and our Cork gap year program application has a May 15th deadline.