API Staff Profile- Brittany

Meet Brittany, API’s Senior Experiential Program Manager. She works with Teach, Work, and Volunteer programs in Latin America, as well as with Internships in Latin America, Ireland, and the UK I’ve loved experiencing other countries and cultures almost as long as I can remember. Both of my parents traveled internationally during college, and I grew […]

API Staff Profile- Octavia

Meet Octavia, API’s Experiential Program Coordinator. She works with Teach, Work, and Volunteer programs in Africa, Asia, Europe, and the South Pacific, as well as with Internships in Asia, Spain, and the South Pacific. “I can’t really put a finger on when I first became obsessed with travel but I will share what personally fuels […]

API New School Shanghai Summer Program: Interview with Lei

We had the chance to interview Lei Ping, Assistant Professor of Chinese Studies at the New School University and Faculty Advisor at India China Institute. She received her Ph.D. in East Asian Studies at New York University. She launched the first field-based New School Summer Study Abroad program in Shanghai in 2013. Students have the […]

Intern Abroad in Edinburgh with API

This post comes from API Scotland Assistant Resident Director, Tara Matthews. You can learn more about Tara here, and more about interning abroad here. Nicknamed the Festival City, Edinburgh has the largest economy in the UK outside of London. With a low unemployment rate and a highly-educated population and as the centre of politics and […]

Cultural Connections: Carnaval in Rio de Janeiro

In this post of API’s “Cultural Connections” series, we take a look at the history and traditions of Rio’s famous Carnaval celebrations! Mention the city of Rio de Janeiro to anyone, and they can probably tell you one thing about it: it’s the home of vivid and frenetic Carnaval celebrations each year. Quick history lesson: […]

Being Welcomed Abroad: Guest Post from Rome

This post originally appeared in The Defender ; Saint Michael’s College student-run weekly newspaper. API study abroad Rome student, Audrey Sinclair authored the post and you can view it here. “SMC student welcomed abroad despite concerns” By Audrey Sinclair During my first week living in Trastevere, a neighborhood in Rome, I took baby steps into the […]

Why We Love Going Abroad

Love is in the air and we’re celebrating our forever love- going abroad! These are just a few of the reasons we love going to study, work, teach, intern, volunteer and explore abroad! We Love Languages: Being abroad gives you the chance to communicate in a new way! Whether it be by practicing a totally new language, […]